January 4




Today was a big day for our household: the beginning of the US Census Bureau Boston Region's road tour. The tour commenced at the USS Constitution with a vehicle christened "Democracy." I was lucky to be invited to attend the ceremony with Mike.

Clearly the photo for today is not of that scene. I did get some very nice photos of the event (posted below). My photo for today is of my mouse pad at work. I use this every single day, it is part of my work flow and has been on my desk since the summer. Mike and his coworkers have been working hard toward Census Day (April 1, 2010) for several years; the mouse pad is a daily reminder of his hard work.

The recognition of how an every day object ties into a big event was important and significant to me. The larger message (in my mind) is that there are little things in our every day lives that help shape -- or reflect -- a bigger cause.

Now, on to those pictures from the road tour!


Welcome to the road tour!





Democracy and her trailer at the USS Constitution





Special Census 2010 hats and gloves for the event





Regional Director Kathleen Ludgate (Marine Guard 1812 behind)





US Department of Commerce Deputy Chief of Staff Rick Wade





Tracy in front of Democracy





Michael in front of Democracy

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice photos ...looked real cold ... S

Post a Comment